Wednesday, December 15, 2010

That which does not kill me makes me want to eat a cookie.

Had a request for some Seahawk cake pops.  6 football cake pops and 6 Seahawk helmet cake pops.  Eeeeeeeeek! I knew I could handle the footballs... no problem but the helmet.... the Seahawk logo on both sides of the helmet is what I was petrified of.  I did a trail run making the logo on a piece of wax paper to transfer over to the helmets. It flopped. Which meant I was going to have to melt chocolate and "draw" the logo straight onto the helmet. Double EEEEEeeeeeek!  Time to jump on in and commit to it.  It's gotta turn out if you put your all into it, right?!
001
The order was for vanilla cake with vanilla frosting.  Nothing like biting into a cake pop to find out the inside is blue!  Surprise! Teehee.  Thought maybe it would distract from the helmet that I wasn't sure would turn out.
Found a image online that became my best friend.  Showed all angles of the helmet which helped A LOT. 
002
Now I debated on posting pictures... I was sure they were horrible at the time I didn't even take pictures of me making them. I know, shocking. I am very thankful that Tracy took a pic and put it on her facebook so I could steal it and show y'all the final product. Looking at them now I think they turned out pretty good.  It's like abstract art. ;) See just squint a little while looking at the helmet and you can totally make out the Seahawk Logo.
003
Tracy displayed them in the Seahawk mug... super cute!  I mean, handsome... it was a surprise for her hubby's birthday!
She loved them and
that's
all
that
matters
.
:)

That which does not kill me makes me want to eat a cookie.

XOXO

Previous Comments:

Jme - Another touchdown!!

Allyson - You're amazing! They look great!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment