Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Within you lies a great and wondrous future.

It's a purse kinda day.  First purse I was asked to make and given a idea of color... this is what I came up with...
001
I dig it.  First one I've made where I made the handle and lemmie just say... big fan.  I think I'm gonna keep er this way.
002
004
005
003
Yay!
Now onto the Twin. 
I live in a world where I think EVERYONE  loves in your face bold, fun, bright fabric.  I was trying to not pull a homer (give Marge a bowling ball for her birthday with his name engraved on it) and really pick a fabric that my sister would enjoy and that looked like her. 
Oh my goodness.
I was in paradise for a good hour on sensory overload trying to pick.  I kept going back to the bright fabric.  I ended up emailing two photo's to my mama and let her make the final choice.  I then called the mama and asked her thoughts....
She thought I should go with the lighter version. 
I thought I should go with the darker version. 
After some thought and more talking to the mama I went with the lighter fabric.  Sheesh who knew making a choice could be so hard. 
006
There she is.  Twin's purse :)  Me likie.
007
I wasn't sure if she would enjoy a flower accent so I decided to hold off on it and see what she thought and mail her one if it turned out she did want one :) Who knew I would be lacking so much confidence when making the Twin a bag. 
I just wanted her to really really really enjoy it.
008
009
So this was my 6th or 7th... 8th... I dunno maybe my 10th purse I've made and I haven't made one for myself yet.  Since it was my birthday too decided to give myself a little present.  Mostly because I couldn't resist this bike fabric I saw... seriously... how cute is that??
013
Mmm. Yes. Very Aimee.
010 
012
011
Thought up a new concoction for the flower accent on the front... soon that one (on the purse above) will be ditched and replaced with the new idea... along with sending one to the Twin. :)
Happy purses!

Within you lies a great and wondrous future.

XOXO





Previous Comments:

Charise - Love my purse! I think I would have liked any version you gave me :) Can't wait for the flower!

Mom - SO CUTE! I think you made the right choice on Twin's...love it. And yours is so YOU! Love the bike fabric. Man you should sell those puppies!

Liz - You are ridiculously talented!

No comments:

Post a Comment