Monday, August 16, 2010

True friendship is one of your greatest treasures.

When I saw Bakerella add her newest masterpiece to her collection I was dying to give it a whirl.  Mr. Potato Head from Toy Story!  That woman is beyond creative... and patient.  The key to a good cake pop is patience.  Lots and lots of patience...... did I mention patience?

A friend contacted me and was wanting something fun to give as a gift and thought of my cake pops.  She gave me free reign of what the finished product would be... just had to have a certain amount.  Time to do some Mr. Potato Head's! wooooooo. 

I waited until the hubby took the kids on an adventure before I started my own adventure.  See... the coating of the Mr. Potato Head is peanut butter candy coating and having my adorable Ms. Izzie-bizzie around who is deathly allergic to nuts, while I'm doing this masterpiece scared the crap out of me. ;)  

Time to start my adventure..... and whew it was an adventure.  There are soooo many things to stick into the cake pop after it is dunked it gets a bit frantic before it sets. 

001 

I decided to do brownie instead of cake on these bad boys.  Peanut butter and brownie... c'mon!  Who can pass that up?? So the inside of these are chocolate brownie with chocolate cream cheese frosting. Dunked in a peanut butter candy coating.  Here are the supplies I used to complete Mr. Potato Head.
  • Peanut butter-flavored candy coating
  • Paper sucker sticks (cut into small pieces and bent for arms)
  • Pink jumbo confetti sprinkles (ears)
  • Junior Mints (hats)
  • Peanut butter morsels (nose)
  • White confetti sprinkles (eyes & teeth)
  • Chocolate coated sunflower seeds in black (mustache. Couldn't find black. Ended up using purple and coloring them black with my edible ink pen)
  • Red colorstick sprinkles (lips)
  • Blue Peanut M&M's (shoes)
  • Black edible ink pen (eye details)
  • Toothpicks
  • Paper lollipop sticks
002


003


I only needed to make 10 Mr. Potato Head's for friend so I had a lot of cake balls left over.  Aaron was planning my birthday party coming up and his well lets just say he likes to make sure no one feels left out in the invite department!  He was also planning on making me my favorite cake... which meant we wouldn't have enough dessert for everyone.  Left over brownie cake balls... need more dessert... problem solved! 
I know I said above that I was dying to make those Mr. Potato Heads when Bakerella posted them on her site... but who am I kidding!... I want to make most things that come up on her site.  Like these Ice Cream cake pops!  Soooo stinking adorable. 


004

Excuse the horrible picture quality... only had my cell phone sitting next to me at the time.  We have the chocolate brownie with chocolate cream cheese frosting dunked in a strawberry chocolate or an orange chocolate.  Mmm. and oh. my. sugar. richness. 


005 


006 

007

There you have it.  Two more kinds of cake pops to add to my collection.... :)

Today's Positive Thought
 
True friendship is one of your greatest
treasures.

XOXO



Previous Comments:

Mom - Adorable!

Aaron - Well too bad I could not eat them, but the Mr Potato Head pops are awesome. Your skillz and attention to details is impressive baby. Thanks for supplementing the nummy sweets with the ice cream cake pops....yummmmmmmmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment