Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pumpkin cake pops up for auction! w00t.

I was asked by a friend if I would make some cake pops for the high school to auction off... forget what they were raising money for... anywho... YES! of course I will. Really good that she sent me a message a couple days before the auction reminding me! whew. 

The auction was held a few days before Halloween.... pumpkins pop into my head. I researched and found what seemed to be a killer pumpkin spice cake recipe. Next time I'm on time crunch I will not be trying out a new recipe. 

Didn't turn out exactly how i would have liked and at one point I thought about throwing it across the room... :) then the thought of cleaning that up and starting over quickly brought me back to reality. 

001

002 

Busted out the seriously rich recipe for cream cheese frosting... mmm. These are the moments I curse being lactose intolerant... on the flip side I saved myself a heaping of calories! ;)

003 


004

005 

Pumpkin spice cake... crumbled then mixed with cream cheese frosting. Dunked in chocolate and sprinkled with orange sugar.

006 

One of them got stuck to the other and when we pulled them apart it pretty much destroyed it... oops. Guess that means Aaron gets one! ;) He thought they were delicious.  I mean, who doesn't think cake pops are delicious at 2:30am when you are delirious from lack of sleep and can't stop laughing from time to time.

007 

Finished product :)

008
 
 
Today's Positive Thought
 
Let love transform your life.

xo



Previous Comments:

Aaron - I sure liked the pumpkin pops. The look and taste great and the whole package really turned out super cool. Glad to help beautiful as cake pops are quite the project! I love the quote too! I heart you! XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment