Saturday, August 29, 2009

Lemon & Dark Chocolate Cake Pops! mmmmm :)

When I started making the cake for the lemon cake I started getting giddy... I could tell it was going to be amazingly moist and oh so yummy. By the time it came out of the oven I couldn't stop raving about how yummy it was going to be... how moist it was going to be... and I was sooo sure it was going to be the best cake to date because I found my secret recipe.

When I started crumbling it up I gave Izzie a taste of it... her reaction was priceless....
"Mom, this is seriously the best cake EVAH! It's so stinking good!!"
No joke, she said that... which make me a bit more giddy and giggliy and happy about my cake. Then came Izzie's next comment...
"You should put it on your blog!"
Why yes, yes I should. I knew I would be making some more cake pops later on in the week for my parents anniversary present so I saved the pics and decided to post them together.

Ms. Izzie-bizzie didn't give me the idea to blog it until I had already crumbled up the cake and started adding the frosting... soooo the lemon cake is missing a few of the first pictures. But I remembered when I was making the dark chocolate cake pops later on..
from start to finish.

001
002
003
004
005
When half your family is allergic to nuts... and most of the colored chocolate is processed in a facility that contains nuts you come up with other solutions.. :) Coloring your white chocolate. PINK.
006
007
I love love love how these turned out. Some of my favorite colors combined with my favorite flavors. Mmmmmm. Izzie said these were the best cake pops she has tasted of mine. Better than her Hello Kitty cheesecake pops! dang, now that's tasty!
008
009
The finished product made for my girlfriends birthday.  Love how they turned out. Definitely my favorite ones to date.

My mom loves loves LOVES dark chocolate. I busted out my dark chocolate cake and dark chocolate frosting recipes. I should have made my dad some lemon ones... I must get it from him.
Aaron loves it when I make these cake pops.

010
011
012
013
014
015
016
017
This is the part of the process where Izzie, Elliott and Aaron are all standing at the counter drooling over the cake pops while Elliott is yelling
"cake.. pwease... CAKE.. PWEAAASE!!"

018
019
Love how these ones turned out. They were a big hit with the parents. My mom couldn't get enough of them. I really want to make some lemon ones for the daddio.. he would LOVE them. Maybe our next trip to McCall... I'll bust out a batch for him.

Whenever I bite into a cake pop there is a huge part of me that wishes there was some sort of yummy filling surprise on the inside besides cake. Maybe it's the part of me that really doesn't like cake. Yup, that's right. I'm not a fan of cake in general.

For my next cake adventure... maybe some lemon cake pops with a lemon curd filling.... or a carrot cake cake pop with a cream cheese filling... ohhhh the possibilities!!

Happy Saturday!

Take every chance
to relax,
to hope,
to heal,
to dream,
to play,
to give,
to receive...
to love.

xo


Previous Comments:

The Mom - Yes the dark chocolate ones were wonderful! And like I told you...I smell green stuff...sell those puppies!! Doesn't everyone agree? wouldn't you buy those for someone for a birthday, anniversary etc??? Let her know!

Andrea - Mmmm, those look delicious!

Aaron - Nummy yummy cake pops! The lemon ones were awesome, but I am still a sucker for chocolate. I like the idea of making some dough ;) It is funny watching the kiddos lick the cake pops instead of taking bites sometimes. Thanks for creating such num nums! I heart Aimee!!! XOXOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment